We’re creatives shaping the new way to work together.
We believe people want to work their own way. We believe in democratizing consulting. We believe in people.
That’s why we’ve built the digital marketplace to match companies with professionals. Freelancers get our free mobile app and companies a free company account. Match, chat, sign contract, report, give review and handle payments – in one app.
Gigway is for now available for gigs within media, marketing, design and tech in Sweden, but our vision is to make gig work accessible and organized for professionals in all urban areas in Europe.
When our founder Adrian Swartz founded a digital agency back in 2010 the hassle of finding freelancers quickly and managing them was clear. Noted in the business idea book was the idea of a remote agency and community of thousands of people as well as a tool to handle projects and administration.
When running the job ad start up Cruitway crawling and matching thousands of job ads with thousands of users the idea of matching actual work and payments for people was back at the drawing board.
The first customers was contacted and the value offer was clear – fast, simple and affordable matching of competence for digital work on local markets – an on demand workforce of skilled and qualified people.
- 2017 – The first gigs was done in Stockholm and some of our first customers was Nissan, UEFA, Guess and DICE.
- Jan 2018 – 2 000 000 SEK grant from PTS was awarded to the company to build a new solution for the job market.
- Feb 2018 – Freelancing UI/UX designers and developers joined the team to design and build the platform.
- May 2018 – The new brand Gigway was announced officially and our first website was live.
- Jan 2019 – Community of 2000 qualified people in Sweden had been recruited and signed up.
- May 2019 – Platform for both freelancers and companies was officially launched.
- November 2019 – Seed round of 2 750 000 SEK was raised to further design and build the Gigway business.